Manufacturers (or Brands) can appear in your Online Shop, giving customers the option to search by a specific manufacturer.
For example, if your Online Shop sells cars, manufacturers could include Ford, Holden and Toyota.
Here is how manufacturers (or brands) appear in an Online Shop:
The Manufacturers box is optional and you can add or remove this box at any point in time via Modules (Extensions > Modules). View the tutorial.
In the Catalog drop down menu, click Manufacturers
Enter the following information:
- Manufacturer Name - eg Canon
- Stores - Leave this as it is, unless you have more than one Online Shop
- SEO Keyword - The keyword used for search engine optimization, eg Canon
- Image - Upload a logo or image of the Manufacturer by clicking on the grey camera box
- Sort Order - If left blank, the Manufacturers will appear in alphabetical order. Simply enter a number to make the sort order
Click Save in the top right corner
To delete a Manufacturer, simply click in the box next to the Manufacturer and click Delete in the top right corner
For Manufacturer searches to function, products need to be assigned a manufacturer
To assign, simply select the manufacturer from the Manufacturer drop down list, under Links when editing a product
Click here to learn how to edit an existing product