1. To log in to the Google API Dashboard, visit this link and enter your Google email address
2. Enter your Google account’s password
3. Once logged in, click on “Select a project” in the top-left corner
4. Click “New Project” in the top-right of the new window that appears
5. Enter a name for the project (can be anything you like), then click “Create”
6. Now that the project is created, click “Library” in the left-hand menu, click on “Places API” (it should be one of the first results), and click “Enable”.
7. After enabling the Places API, click the menu icon in the top-left (three lines).
8. You will be taken to a screen to create a new API key. Enter a name for this API key (can be anything you like), then click “Restrict key” below “API Restrictions” and select “Places API” from the drop-down list. Finally, click “Save”
9. The final step will be to provide us with the “API Key” you see on the right-hand side of this screen.